Assistant Market Coordinator – Squamish Farmers Market
The Squamish Farmers Market is celebrating its 15th year in Squamish and we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Market Assistance this summer. The position is projected to run from May 15th-August 25th, 2018 (FLEXIBLE) and is for 30 hours/week (an exception will be made for high-school students until they finish their school year in June. They must, however, attend the Saturday market until then). The market assistant will work alongside the manager to ensure the smooth operation of our market. Applicants must be available by phone and/or email for communication with market manager throughout the work week.
- Must have been registered as a student (high school or post-secondary) the preceding academic year, planning to return to school the following year, and between 15-30 years of age.
The ideal candidate is:
- personable, enthusiastic, self-directed, creative, and organized.
- Passionate about local production and economy, is motivated to do a variety of different tasks, and enjoys working with members of the community.
- Expresses an interest in pursuing a career working with local farmers markets and other non-profit organizations.
- Skills with social media is an asset
Tasks will include, but will not be limited to:
- Management of the Zero Waste Station. This will include designing and hosting engaging activities for the public, as well as educating the public about local waste facilities with an eco-minded focus.
- Developing and implementing children’s activities at the market
- Assistance with Nutrition Coupon Program
- Assisting vendors with unloading and morning set-up
- Assistance in hosting weekly 50/50 draws and raffles
- Weekly administrative tasks assigned by the market manager
- If hired before June 2nd, help promoting the Squamish Farmers Market as a destination for Bike to Work Week
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to have you join us! Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.