Mandair Farm's Favourite Blueberry Turkey Burger from the BC Blueberry Council
Makes 4 servings
1 lb lean ground turkey
3/4 cup Mandair Farm's blueberries (fresh or frozen, roughly chopped)
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 large egg
1 tbs whole grain mustard
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley (2 tbs dried)
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (1 tbs dried)
1 tsp minced or dry garlic
1 tsp paprika (mild or hot)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbs vegetable oil
3 tbs barbecue sauce
4 whole grain burger buns
1. Pre-heat a heavy bottom pan or barbecue to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine all the burger ingredients and form 3/4" thick patties. Keep refrigerated until ready to cook.
3. Grease the grill with an oiled paper towel, or heat the oil in the pan.
4. Place patties on the heated grill (or pan), and sear on medium-high heat, cooking for approximately 5-7 minutes until browned. Flip over, reduce the heat to medium-low and finish cooking for another 5-7 minutes until eternal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
5. Brush with barbecue sauce and serve on buns with condiments as desired.